Who I am
I also have a limited amount of experience in taking online coursework and Master’s degree level classes in Cybersecurity. Hence, while I am by no means a cybersecurity expert at this point, I have taken measures to ensure that proper cybersecurity precautions are utilized in creating my websites. This includes:
- Ensuring that all of my websites are accessible with encryption, meaning that all of my websites are equipped with a secure socket layer (SSL) certificate.
- My Fornesus Word
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who your data is shared with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Please refer to the following use cases for how third-party services use your data:
- Purchasing an item from my WooCommerce store on Fornesus.com, even if it is available for free, any personal data that you enter will go to:
- Purchasing a paid item from my Memberful site (including a subscription) at fornesus.memberful.com means that your data and personal information (relevant to the purchase) will be processed by:
- Why is any of this data collected?
- As part of using WooCommerce, WooPayments, and the relevant payment method (e.g. Apple Pay, Google Pay, Stripe, PayPal, etc.), your data must be collected for the integrity of this transaction.
- As a rule of thumb, the third-party services involved in any purchase that you make may collect your personal information relevant to each purchase that is directly provided to them, and shared per each platform’s privacy policies, respectively.
How long my websites retain your data
Fornesus.com, Fornesus Blog, Chris City and my Memberful site
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on my website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Finally, Google Analytics are utilized in these websites to track important metrics about each visitor or subscriber as they relate solely to my website.
All other websites that I manage
Please refer to each platform’s respective Privacy Policies and Terms of Service to know how long your data is retained by these services (if used) as outlined above.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.